The reason I decided to start running in the first place was for lots of reasons. I wanted to get in shape, not really to loose weight but that would always be nice. I wanted to challenge myself. I haven't worked out in the last 20 months because I always thought I would be pregnant. But the real reason I decided to start running is because M really wanted me to do the Vegas Ragnar with him.
So I started training really slow. I did 15 minutes a day three days a week. And that was hard! There is something about picking up my legs that just kills me. Literally! I got shin splints so bad I could hardly walk for days after running. I wondered if I had stress fractures it was so painful. I was temped to quit, but I kept going and I'm sooo glad I did.
This morning I ran 4.65 miles in 59 minutes. It's not fast, but I did it! I ran for an hour! That's the farthest I have ever gone and I didn't think even in my wildest dreams that I could do it. But I did. And I did it.
I started out my training being so self consious. I wondered what everyone thought as they drove past me. But I saw a sign once that has become my motto "If you see my butt jiggle, it's just me waving goodbye."
Well, I hope that motivates someone to try something challenging. It's worth it to not give up. And that is coming from someone who has always been a "quitter". Good luck!
3 comments:
You're amazing! I'm cheering for you!
I know I never would have thought i liked running either!! I HATED it in high school. But now there's something about it that makes me like it! And I used to hate running outside too cause I hated anyone to see me (well i still pray no one i know will see me) but then I get to the point where i'm like I just don't care! Anyway congrats Erin I've never done a ragnar and always wanted to! Good luck! :)
Good luck! I know you will be able to do it!
Post a Comment