Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Blog Soapbox

So I recently read a friends blog and she wrote about how some friends had told her that they stopped reading people's blogs because it made them depressed to hear about how great other peoples lives are. How sad for them!
I just wanted to put a word in that my personal blog is just for people who care about what is going on in me and my kids lives. I never want to seem like I am boasting or think I have the best life ever. I do really like my life. There are a lot of great things about it. There are also a lot of things I don't like or feel like need improvement. I just usually post about the good things because that is when I have my camera around!
Just know that it is never my intention to brag about my life. We all have good things and bad things happen to us. I am not immune to this. I started this blog to let people who don't live by me see what is going on with my family. I also blog to have memories of our life. I am horrible at writing in a journal so this is my version.
Last week when my sister was here from out of town I asked all my family if they even read my blog. I was feeling bad because there weren't any comments on some of my posts. After reading what my friend had written about her friends feeling like she had the perfect life, I realized how stupid of me it was to even care if anyone comments. Now I am hoping I haven't guilted anyone into commenting because I mostly just write this for me.
Ok. Now my ramblings are over. Thanks for listening! Well, I guess I mean thanks for reading. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your cute Erin I read your blog and check it lots but not always comment and I Am one that LOVES to see whats going on in your life and will keep reading as long as you keep it up :)!!!!

Me said...

I know exactly what friend you're talking about, I loved her post on that too, it was perfect! I know I worry about comments too much sometimes or worry how something I write will come across to other people, but in the end, it is our own personal blogs, so who cares what others think, yaknow? In the end, like you said, they're just memories of people's lives. I enjoy blogging and reading other people's blogs, and it is way sad that people compare themselves to everyone's blogs! Anyway now I am ranting. Don't even worry about your blog Erin, I love that you have one since I never ever see you! :( oh and btw, you're totally not the type to brag, i've never thought you were if you're worried about that!

The Christensen's said...

HAHA you are hilarious!! I feel for you! No one comments on mine either. I just do it cause it is the only way I will "jounral":) I try to comment when I read yours though!

Anonymous said...

I don't always comment, but I love your blog! I don't get many comments on mine either, so don't feel bad. I think sometimes people just don't always know what to say. ;)